There are multiple reasons which lead to the condition of impotency that most men will be shy to accept at the first instance. In order to reach out to a treatment that is effective one must analyse and identify the exact cause which has led to such a situation.
What are the physical causes of impotence?
There are many physical causes that can result in impotency. The physical factors can be diseases or some other states associated with your body. The major reasons for impotency due to physical factors are:
- Alcohol consumption
- Drug intake
- Having over weight
- High blood pressure
- Frequent usage of bikes
- Arteries getting deteriorated
- Surgery done to abdominal area
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peyronie’s disease
- Hypogonadism: This is a condition that occurs due to imbalance in hormone levels. This condition lowers down the level of testosterone.
- High cholesterol
- Exposure of pelvic region to radiation during the treatment of some disease.
- Inflammatory diseases occurring to pelvic region.
- Injuries to spine and vertebrae
- Coitus interrupts
- Marriage before reaching the age of at least twenty.
- Sexual contacts in improper positions
- Suppressing sexual desire
- Washing the sexual organ using cold water soon after coition
- Sexual activity soon after a full meal or when the individual is very hungry or extremely tired.
- Vitamin deficiency
- Sexual excesses can also lead to impotency
- Sexually Transmitted diseases
- Pernicious anaemia
What are the psychological causes of impotence?
Sex originates in the mind and finishes in the body. Therefore the health of mind also contributes significantly to a healthy sexual life. The hectic lives have made it impossible for people to stay mentally stable. The various psychological causes for impotency are:
Stress: It has become a part and parcel of life, every individual go through this state of mind in one way or the other. Stress cannot be avoided completely but can be managed so that it does not affect your normal life.
Problematic relationships are a reason that makes sex a complicated thing to be dealt with and it can gradually leads to impotency.
What are the medicinal causes of impotence?
Impotency or erectile dysfunction can be caused by the medicines that you have in connection with the treatment of various diseases. Some of the medicines that can really harm your capability for having sex are:
Diuretics or high blood pressure drug which can has the general names of Hydrochlorothiazide, Nifedipine, propranolol
Anti anxiety drugs, antidepressants and antiepileptic drugs like Fluoxetine, Amoxipine, Clorazepate and phenytoin.
Antihistamines like Dimehydrinate and Diphenhydramine.
Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like Naproxen
The medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease like Biperiden and Levodopa
Antiarrythmics like Disopyramide
Muscle relaxant cyclobenzaprine.
Chemotherapy drug busulfan
The causes of impotency clearly reveal that this condition can be avoided if you take some extra care on your lifestyle. Try to keep yourself healthy adapting habits that can exert positive impacts on body as well as mind. Consult your physician in case you come across any symptoms of impotency.